Different Ways to Give on This Day, Throughout the Holidays, Highlight How You Can Help a Child at our Home
Whether shopping on-line, giving through your employer, or making a valuable donation, there are so many ways to take this giving Tuesday to give to the lives and care of children at MHCO. Following the busiest shopping days of the year and getting those holiday deals, you can provide your own special giving opportunity for a child at MHCO. And the ways are easy, on-line, and available now and throughout the holiday season.
#GivingTuesday is a movement, built by people around the world, to celebrate giving of all kinds. It is celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the U.S.), Black Friday and Cyber Monday; this year it falls on November 29, 2016. This movement is the result of the collective power of a unique blend of partners—nonprofits large and small; businesses and corporations; schools and universities; civic campaigns in cities, states and regions; and families and individuals—to inspire people to take collaborative action to improve their local communities and contribute in countless ways to the causes they believe in. Everyone has something to give. Take part in Giving Tuesday 2016 by supporting MHCO and its kids. You can visit www.givingtuesday.org/ for more information on this year’s event.
Check out some of the ways you can give to the children of NC first’ Home for children this #GivingTuesday!
- Make an on-line, secure, confidential donation – https://my.simplegive.com/g3/
- If you are Shopping on Amazon this holiday, choose to shop through Amazon Smile. A portion of your purchase will go to MHCO when chosen and will not impact your shopping purchase cost or shipping. https://smile.amazon.com/
- Make a matching gift to MHCO through your employer. Throughout the year many businesses join their employees in donating to MHCO through their corporate matching gift program. Want to know if your employer matches your giving, contact MHCO or your employer’s HR department and make a gift prior to the end of 2016.
- Honor a loved one this Christmas with an honorary gift. Take this holiday and the chance to give to the care of a child to remember the impact and importance of one dear to you. Visit https://my.simplegive.com/g3/, our on-line giving page and choose to enter information for an honorary donation. Notification of your gift will be sent by MHCO to that person, sharing your support of a child and your appreciation for that person. Call MHCO’s Financial Development Department for more information.
- Look for holiday promotions as several businesses who support us throughout the year offer special opportunities for their customers to give to MHCO. Currently TenPlus Systems of Raleigh has included MHCO in their holiday sales event, while the Launching Pad Trampoline Park of Raleigh is offering a Jolly Jump in December, with proceeds benefitting MHCO when visiting the park. Visit our Facebook page throughout the holidays to find out more about these and other businesses finding wonderful ways to sever their customers and support MHCO during the holidays!